Whether you believe in fate or not, one thing you have to admit to is that both happiness and sadness is part of our lives. Yes, it’s quite true that it has not been divided equally; or that it hasn’t been spread uniformly along our life time. But that is just how it is. And while we are pretty sure you know very well how to celebrate your happiness; when it comes to how to deal with our sadness, many of us have very little experience. This is especially true for those unexplainable sad spells. If you’re going through one at the moment, and are looking for ways to get over it, then here are our tips and suggestions for you…
- Learn to ignore the negative voice – More often than not, our “sad spell” is a creation of our own mind. This does not make it less real in any way; but sometimes a little more intense than it should be. To overcome it, look for reasons to fill your heart and mind with happy thoughts instead. Keep your mind busy and occupied; as then it has less chances of to create these unhappy thoughts. Surrounding yourself with positive and motivated people helps as well.
- Do something that makes you happy – It’s human to hole yourself at home when you’re feeling down and sad; that’s how most of us deal with situations that are hard to handle. But this is once of the worse things you can do for yourself. In other words, get yourself out of the place that makes you brood. Go out shopping, or go for a ride in the park. Go home for the weekend, or visit your hairdressers to update your look.
- Exercise or dance and get your blood pumping – If you think you are not going to gain any sort of happiness going shopping or getting a haircut, then it’s better trying something else. Getting your blood pumped helps most people feel better and in a happier mood; and the easiest way to do so is dancing or exercising. So crawl out of your bed, put on some music and dance your heart out. If you feel conscious doing so, dance behind closed doors!
- Talk to a friend who won’t let you feel sad – we all have a friend or a family member who we naturally feel happier around. Meeting up with them and getting a big hug from them will be the perfect solution for your sad spell. But we understand that this is not always an option. So opt for what is more possible; video call them. Trust us, this little time that you spend talking without a filter can help you feel so much better than you think.
- Eat something – this may sound strange, but often, what we confuse as an unexplainable sadness, is our hunger. Eat something that makes both your stomach and your heart happy. Deviate a little from your diet…go on! And while you’re at it, remember to keep hydrated as well; as this too can lead to unexpected sadness.